Wednesday, August 28, 2013

New Pillsbury Gluten Free Cookie Dough!



I heard awhile back that Pillsbury was coming out with a refrigerated cookie dough but didn't really get any details. I was at Publix this weekend and decided to check the cookie dough section on a whim- and lo and behold- there it was! The stock boy heard my squeal of delight and told me that they had just got it in this week. I immediately scooped up a tub of chocolate chip and brought it home.

I really like that it comes in a tub- sort of like margarine- that I can reseal after taking what I want. This kept me from eating the whole thing in one sitting. I made just enough cookies for my husband and I each night.


The cookies were super easy to make. I just spooned out what I wanted onto a cookie sheet and backed them for 11 minutes at 350.


Taste-wise the cookies were pretty good. They had a little of the grainy texture that is typical of gluten free baked goods but it wasn't too bad. The gooey warm cookies definitely made up for it! I don't make gluten free cookies often because of all the different flours necessary for good results so I really appreciated how easy these were.

I don't have other allergies but did want to post the ingredients for those who do:


Because there is egg, soy, and milk these may not work for everyone. Otherwise, I am very pleased with the cookies and will DEFINITELY be buying them again!

2 comments:

  1. Darn soy lol. That's fine for me but my mom is unfortunately allergic. Thanks for the review! I like finding new GF things to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your mom can't eat soy!

    ReplyDelete