Body wash is a luxury item that I enjoy. I like to use loofahs and I feel that it just works better than more economical bar soap. What I don't like are the extra chemicals in it. Organic and natural body washes are really expensive so I decided to try making my own. It was actually pretty fun and felt like a science project (minus making a giant poster and writing a report).
- Bring water to a simmer in a large stock pot
- Grate soap into soft flakes (I used my food processor because I'm lazy)
- Add soap to water and stir until completely melted.
- Turn off heat and stir in glycerin. It will look like this:
- Cover and let sit for 24 hours. This is the hard part because I kept wanting to mess with it and thought it wasn't working- it is!When I woke up the next morning I had pot full of body wash!I was able to fill four and a half jars for a pittance! Easy peasy!