I am not a handy person. I have no real craftsman skills in spite of my sincere desire to do-it-myself. Because of this I am ridiculously proud of the Lego Table I built for Baby D. I know screwing the legs on a Lack table doesn't exactly make me a carpenter but it felt like a coup just the same. I love this table because not only does it look nice and match my furniture but I also designed it to store his bricks since we are short on storage space.
- Lack Table from Ikea
- Lego or Duplo Base Plates
- Gorilla Glue
- Trofast bin from Ikea
- 2 Trofast rails- you can get these for $0.25 a piece at Ikea customer service
- Screw legs onto Lack Table
- Trace Lego base plates where you want them with a pencil
- Apply Gorilla Glue to back of Lego base plates- be careful to avoid the very edge since the glue will expand. I gave myself about a quarter of an inch of leeway
- Carefully place base plates in the outline you drew and hold for 30 seconds. Add something heavy like canned veggies to hold plates down while the glue dries
- Place Gorilla Glue on Trofast rails and hold in place on the underside of the table for 30 seconds.
- Let glue dry over night and enjoy your new table with Lego storage!